IBM 5x86c 100HF

RichM499

Daemon Poster
The chip in the title is used for overclocking purposes. This is an uncommon/rare chip, and any operation over 100MHz is considered good, with the most remarkable CPUs being AM5x86 and Cyrix 5x86gp. This IBM chip seems based on the Cyrix 5x86, which is good because it contains extra register bits I can use to emulate MMX instructions with Glide. In any case, this is a remarkable processor.

I have thus far succeeded at POSTing with 133Mhz. I believe I could boot with a little more voltage.
Operational frequencies: 50Mhz 66Mhz 100Mhz 120Mhz 133Mhz (so far)

kzWch.jpg

kzWdb.jpg

I'll keep you updated. The board is dodgy and I think I need to reflow some of the points. I plan to install Windows 98 with it, or 95.

EDIT:

I was unable to find a start-up disk to use the CDROM drivers and load an OS like Windows XP, 2000, or 98. I was fortunate enough to find a 1.3GB Quantum hard disk with Windows 98 partially installed on it. Luckily, it's past the point where it needs a disk! Hopefully I can get it installed and running soon. I am unable to use a mouse unless I rig up a serial to ps2 adapter by splicing the cables. Do any of you know of the correct way to do this? Any help is appreciated. Aside from the mouse, I should be up and running in 12 minutes according to the Windows 98 Setup. I was only able to get the board to run with 16MB ram, which is not so good. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom