IAT, a prelude to a megathread.

Thelis

Golden Master
I would like to ask you guys to do a simple exercise that would aid me in making a thread about a subject that I have been researching for quite a while now.

I want you to take a simple Implicit Association Test.

Go to
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/takeatest.html

Take the Race-IAT test. Post your results. I am particularly interested in Atomic Rooster's, Lowdnsey's, 01001010's and David's responses.

I would like to get at least 15 results. Do NOT be ashamed of your results. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone, even the African Americans, here got:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Once I have 15 results, I will begin work on the megathread. I believe it will be of extreme interest to you all.

00000108.png

Well I didn't save my screeny, but I (to me) unfortunately got a strong automatic preference to E.A. compared to A.A. :( I feel bad now. I guess a lot of it is probably the product of coming from rural America.

My score wasn't explicitly asked, but here it is:

thelis.jpg

Thank you so much. Any score is more than welcome here. I explicitly asked for those members' scores due to the fact that they are slightly older than the majority of the member base here, if I am not mistaken.

On another note, you emigrated to the US from Brazil, correct?

Below is the interpretation of your IAT performance, followed by questions about what you think it means. The next page explains the task and has more information such as a summary of what most people show on this IAT.
Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for European American' if you responded faster when European American faces and Good words were classified with the same key than when African American faces and Good words were classified with the same key. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'. Alternatively, you may have received feedback that 'there were too many errors to determine a result'.

there you go.

Back
Top Bottom