i7 930 or i7 875k

The Core i7 875K is a nice 1156 CPU but it's just a little overpriced at the moment. It beats Core i7 930 in a few tests simply because the turbo feature can OC the CPU further and a 2.93GHz clock speed.

I'd go for the i7 930 it's a better priced set up. I actually don't see the point of the Core i7 875K at that price.

I'd go for the i7-930. In my opinion an unlocked multiplier is overrated because its already ridiculously easy to OC an i7, I got my i7 up to 4.2GHz without breaking a sweat and remeniz has his at nearly 4.4.

and I wouldnt get a powercolor card, they're absolute crap. pay a bit extra and get one from a more reliable brand. also, what motherboard are you getting?

@Remeniz - I'll be using my rig for a combination of extreme gaming, photography editing, and graphic design (i.e Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, etc.) I want this computer to be able to put every game on very high, with no messing around. I don't even want to have to look at system requirements.

@shozzking - The thing about the Powercolor, is 1 it comes with COD which is nice. Also, I have looked almost everywhere for a XFX HD 5850 Black Edition, which would be prime. I saw alot of good reviews on the Powercolor, and the XFX. But if you guys think Powercolor sucks, i'll most definitely get the normal Radeon HD 5850.

This is the motherboard im using. I ordered it 2 days ago.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128423

very nice choice on the motherboard.

If you look carefully for sales then you can get COD for $30. However if you GPU breaks then you're stuck with a company with bad warranty support. A cheap GPU is more likely to break because of cheap parts. If you're going for xfx then make sure that you're getting one of their reference cards.

You don't need more than 1GB of RAM unless you're running at extremely high resolutions. I'd go for one of these two:
eVGA GTX 470
Sapphire 5850

The 470 is only $15 more than the 5850 and would perform nearly as well as a 5870.

I've seen a few reviews on both of those that say Crysis is unplayable on very high settings. Im looking for a card that can take anything and everything. Even if its $350+.

Back
Top Bottom