i7 920 or Phenom II 955 Black Edition?

if you game more the phenom, if you do more video editing (LOTS) or picture editing (BIG pictures) then the i7. the i7 is great at gaming but also great at multitasking. if your more of a gamer then all you need is the phenom that will save you more money for the mobo

The motherboards actually end up costing around the same price of each other. At most, I'll save about $25. The i7 costs about $245 at Microcenter after tax. I do a bit of image and video editing. I can't really do anything with high definition because it still takes a while on my computer. I have to stick to standard. But, I also do a lot of gaming. Nothing either of the CPU's can't handle. Mostly just Left 4 Dead, Source, Fallout 3 and the Last Remnant.

The i7 is awesome for gaming, but the price is what sets it back. If you have a budget, go for the Phenom as it performs excellent and costs a LOT less then the i7. I use the i7, but I do LOTS of work with photo and video editing for my job (Adobe CS4 etc...) so I choose the i7 for that purpose, and of course gaming as well which BTW, works beautifully :) but the Phenom 955 is wonderful with OCing if your into that :) Either way you come out a winner, it just depends on how much your willing to spend. I spent over $700.00 alone for my i7 965 Extreme WITH my company discount @_@

I'm a big overclocker. How is your chip for working with high definition video? For me, they end up costing roughly $25 of each other.

Damn, I should have made a poll, haha.

Edit: I made a poll. I'm leaning towards the i7 right now. Can you AMD fanboys recruit me with the 955?

I have heard that the Phenom II 940 performs about the same as the Core i7. If that's true what not get the BE Edition of the 940? A motherboard would cost you about 100-150. And DDR2 RAM is fricking cheap now. Why go with the 955 and not the 940 BE?

Damn, I should have made a poll, haha.

Then make one now. Lol. :D

Back
Top Bottom