i5 or i7 for ultra portable gaming laptop?

Rhou

Beta member
Hi guys,

I need some input on what laptop to buy.

I am currently looking at Sony Vaio 13.3" VPCSA290X (in store "VPC-SA2EGX")because it is relative light (3.65 lbs) and seems to be a good pick for my needs. My needs are portable (will bring it back and forth to school) and gaming (WoW kinda).

While customizing the laptop at Sony's website there is an option to upgrade the CPU to i7 from i5 for $215. Is it worth the money?

Thankful for advice!

//Rhou

i think that is alot of money for the upgrade. The i7 is quad core, if the i5 processor the laptop comes with is a dual core the upgrade is probally worth it, if the i5 processor is quad core its not worth it

The new i5's are quad core native, just like the desktop edition of i5. Intel relegated the dual core with hyperthreading to the i3s.

It's also a Sony, which automatically disqualifies it for me. They are trash, their support is non existent, and they treat you like criminals if you try to get warranty support. All of the prior information has happened to me both personally and as a part of my job. Sony could care less about you.

The new i5's are quad core native, just like the desktop edition of i5. Intel relegated the dual core with hyperthreading to the i3s.

It's also a Sony, which automatically disqualifies it for me. They are trash, their support is non existent, and they treat you like criminals if you try to get warranty support. All of the prior information has happened to me both personally and as a part of my job. Sony could care less about you.

This is purely opinion.. Something you criticized me of doing on my first posting..

Sony's warranty exchanged the motherboard out of my father's laptop with no hassle. It is a hit or miss with most customer support with nearly any company.

Back
Top Bottom