i5 2410M Turbo Boost Problem

AlphaS850

Beta member
I got this new laptop which is pretty good for gaming and it's cpu is new (2nd generation) as well as the graphic card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M). At first it's all good and it can run games like assassin's creed II in max settings, but after awhile it'll have this sudden lag. I downloaded fraps to monitor the fps in the game, I also got resource monitor up in the background. When the fps drops I minimize the game, and in the resource monitor about the cpu turbo boost thing droped I think, because of the blue line. But clearly I needed more than that, so it shouldn't think I didnt need the turbo boost. Could this be a misunderstanding? Maybe overheat, or not enough power (it's a laptop so I don't think it'll be the case). It's only been a few weeks, previously I got this master cooler fan which improved it slight better. This happened to my previous latop as well, turbo boost not working, the cpu is i5 430M.

And do you know anyway to set the turbo boost to be turned on forever, like entering the BIOS?

Back
Top Bottom