i would like some help trying to choose a hard drive

erock

Baseband Member
hi everyone, i posted a long while ago about an external hard drive but my money situation fell and i couldnt afford a new hard drive until now, so id like some opinions again please i have some choices that i think look pretty good, but i have no experience at all with external hard drives so id like your help please.

1.seagate 200gb
2.simple tech 250gb
3.western digital my book 250gb
4.another western digital
5.i/o 250gb
6.another western digital 320gb

any oppinions and/or other reccomendations are very very very much appriciated, as you might be able to see id like to get as much space for as little, i think id like to have a 250gb at the least very minimum 200gb. thanks a whole bunch!!!

Well, firstly, what will it be storing? But, I think with external HDD's, the bigger, the better! So, if I had to choose, it would be the 320GB for me.

joxley1990 is correct. what are you going to putting onto the hard drive and how often will you be tranferring data to it? I have always found seagate to be good for me, but once again, work out what you need on there and how much space you will be needing.

well i do a lot of recording for my band and other bands so it will mostly be used for music, ill probably put some videos on it maybe, but definately lots of music. and if possible id like to get one that is compatible with both mac and pc, becuase i have a pc desktop and a mac laptop, but if not ill use it mainly for my mac.

Back
Top Bottom