I want a little fast CPU that will fit with my Mobo

newjacksm

In Runtime
so I have a ASUS M3N78-EM (I believe it supports AM3 Processors too according to Asuses website)

Since they recently came out with the AM3 I am thinking of picking up the AMD AM2+ 940

I am running the AMD Phenom 9600 and to be honest I was impressed with it when I first got it, but not anymore. I have 4gigs of ram and I am picking up another stick too..

But if anyone has any inside information anymore price drops maybe ill wait for the AM3's because supposidly my mobo supports.

Your mobo supports a few of the socket AM3 processors depending on the BIOS version: Asus M3N78-EM

The Phenom II 940 is a good one.

I really can't say if there will be any price drops soon, but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Hi newjacksm,

Why don't you try in Intel. There are amazing heavy duty performing machines available in the market.

Regards
Mike

He has an AMD motherboard and it makes sense to go with an AMD so that he doesn't have to buy a new board.

And I second the Phenom II 940 BE, they're great CPUs and will be a step-up from your 9600 especially if you overclock.

:D worship this is the guy having heat problems with the 940 BE..

He must have already upgraded to it. This thread was started on the 5th. :D:D

:D worship this is the guy having heat problems with the 940 BE..

He must have already upgraded to it. This thread was started on the 5th. :D:D

Yep with out a doubt the cause of the problem is the fans and case for the heat

I got a Zalman HSF when its idle i get around 37-40.

Prime65 load for 10-20 min it maxes out at 47-48c

which is a HUGE difference because with the stock HSF and Fans in my case the Prime65 stress test would bring the temps up to 60-65c and at idle it would be 47-49

So it made a huge difference adding 2 120mm aftermarket fans... I might add even better ones that were posted in one of my posts that were recommended.

Back
Top Bottom