i wanna learn web design

jaywash

Baseband Member
I'd like to learn web design and hopefully make a career out of it. I was wondering what scripting language I should Learn for this. Currently I'm learning basic.net in school but I can't find tuts for web design for it so I'm assuming you can't with basic.net. any help appreciated

Perhaps you could do this the other way round. Find a site that makes you say, "Hey, that's pretty cool. I want to code sites like this." Then see what languages and tools were used?

Perhaps you could do this the other way round. Find a site that makes you say, "Hey, that's pretty cool. I want to code sites like this." Then see what languages and tools were used?
How would i see what languages and tools were used? :eek: but the main thing im asking is what kind of language is best for websites like buisness and stuff, cause thats probably what the client would want if I ever managed to turn it into a career

HTML5, XML, javascript, CSS, PHP, and some others. Or you could cheat and use dreamweaver and other setup software.
But like dale said you can look at a site and see how they did it. Right click on this page and select > view source. Lots and lots of code...

I've just started using codeacademy.com. It's been really good so far. And it even 'kinda' works from my ipad so I can do some lessons on the go too.

If you are always playing around with computers you may not need education for web design, but if you want to make a career out if it you need to go to collage for communicating skills and more in web stuff and software.

Sorry I'd this didn't come out very ear :D

Actually a college degree is not necessarily needed to gain a career in web design. The major thing most companies and organizations look for is how diverse your design portfolio is. Start out looking at websites that teach the basics and it also doesn't hurt to practice the things on the site multiple times. Books also help. No matter how insignificant you may think am aspect might be continue working on it. ASP, HTML, PHP, CSS, and other languages are vastly taught on the Internet and each have multiple books on them but I always tell people I help to start with basic HTML and work up. Make like 1 page HTML documents that use multiple aspects of the language and work towards building pages with both CSS and HTML. From there what you do is on you.

i found two different websites very useful when learning about web pages.
They are:
w3schools.com
codeacademy.com

when using codeacademy.com you will have to register with them, but not on w3schools.
Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I found two very useful websites when learning about websites.
They are:
w3schools.com
codeacademy.com

When using codeacademy you will have to register but not on w3schools.
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom