I think the format Blu Ray vs HD DVD war is over

I myself, even though I've recently bought a HD TV, are happy with DVD's upscaled through the PS3.

Yes theres a difference between watching a HD film, and a SD film, but does it spoil the experience in any way? Not really.

I did want BluRay to be the sucessor though, purely for space.

See I've had a mixed experience with upscaling DVD's. It seems if its not a newer DVD the movie doesn't seem to upscale very well. But newer movies look a lot better upscaled then on a standard DVD player. Still no where near HD quality but much better then composite outs can deliver.

Name any pre built system from dell,gateway,compaq etc that doesn't come with a bunch of crap.

Fine. Dell's Latitude line, HP/Compaq's business line, Lenovo's Thinkpad line. :rolleyes:

Just look through Sony's forums. You'll see how many customers are complaining at the unholy amount of crap that comes with their expensive systems. More so then Dell.

I don't think it was a bad idea for Sony to include a blu-ray player in the PlayStation 3. It enables higher storage capacities for future games that may not fit on the DVD format, For the price, it's actually a pretty good deal and it gets the format into more homes.

Eh, doesn't matter to me. I think it was a smarter choice for Microsoft because if Blu-Ray won the format war, they could just as easily make an external Blu-Ray player like they did with HD DVD. Though they're still proudly standing by HD DVD, I really wouldn't be surprised if they decided go Blu-Ray if it really won.

In the end Microsoft still wins either way because both formats use the VC-1 codec which is developed by...surprise! Yes, Microsoft.

Hell, if you ask me, both Blu-Ray and HD DVD fail. They could've easily negotiated it out and came out with a unified format and everyone would've been blissfully happy with their HD content.

Back
Top Bottom