I think I'm being scammed out of $185

Between Ebay and Amazon, my gut feel is that you have a FAR, FAR higher chance of being scammed on Ebay then Amazon. My own experience is that over the course of 10 years or more that I've dealt with Ebay, I've been scammed twice. Never been scammed on Amazon.

You can really limit your issues if you make sure that whatever you buy from Amazon is "Sold and fulfilled by Amazon".

Either buying option is a gamble. The best way is to purchase at a local store. But then you will be paying more monies.

Damn, more bad reviews still rolling in with the same BS, empty packages. Nobody got their phone.

I think that it true that either way of buying is a gamble, but I also think a few other things are at play here.

1, I truly believe that Amazon, in a bid to not look like a tat bazar let sellers, including scammers hide behind their brand name.

2, Amazon lacks in its buyer seller communication tools, This is I think because of the history of Amazon being a book and cd seller, it used to be the provider, so it could guarantee what it was selling, they opened up the market place. But the tools to deal with disputes just aren't as good as ebays.

3, I guess in their history eBay must have gotten a lot better at realising scams and identifying the "bad actor" behaviour, I think this makes their customer service much, much, better.
(Of course I have heard stories of this working the other way around, the eBay favour the buyer process, has led to sellers getting scammed.)

Quite true root. It got to where the buyers had become the scammers instead of the sellers because of the policies.

Amazon said that anything you put in the Amazon shopping cart you are covered.

LOOKY what I found! :cool:

Over 1000 reviews, 4.5 of 5 stars. Same day shipping (yes I'm getting it today)

I really want the Galaxy S5 but I'll take this. :D

No, that won't happen but I'll find out today. :lol:

I should have realized that the Galaxy S5 are 2014 models so finding a new one are slim but plenty of used ones for sale.

This one is 2017 model and light years ahead of the S5. Check out YouTube of the Honor 6X and be amazed. The more I checked into it the more my jaw's been hitting the floor.

Its camera features is amazing.

Last edited:
Out for delivery now and driver has 9 deliveries before me.

Get this, you can see where he is. I'm the red circle with a white dot, he's the green dot. :cool:

The clip is less than a minute so watch him move:

Back
Top Bottom