I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

No, I REALLY don't like it. It's unprofessional, and I actually like the idea of work being the professional place and home to be different.

I wouldn't work there, not at all.

UK31337 said:
No, I REALLY don't like it. It's unprofessional, and I actually like the idea of work being the professional place and home to be different.

I wouldn't work there, not at all.

I see your point. Work is professional, but then again what's professional supposed to be like? Seems to me that professionalism is just a suit, tie, nice car, basically more wealth dependent then characteristically dependent. I see professional as a means of how you conduct yourself, not by how you look, or what you drive. It seems like the workers at Google value their job because of the work enviorment. Which might actually boost work production, because your employees actually look forward to coming to work.

Is this professional? Hard to say, if you look at Google, what it owns, how much wealth it generates as a company, you'd see that it IS a professional company, not by how the people dress, but by how the company functions and how the employees conduct themselves, and they probably conduct themselves much better given the work environment, because it MAKES you want to go to work, because it's peaceful, you can enjoy it, and it's kind of fun it seems like.

Jenox said:
I see your point. Work is professional, but then again what's professional supposed to be like? Seems to me that professionalism is just a suit, tie, nice car, basically more wealth dependent then characteristically dependent. I see professional as a means of how you conduct yourself, not by how you look, or what you drive. It seems like the workers at Google value their job because of the work enviorment. Which might actually boost work production, because your employees actually look forward to coming to work.

Is this professional? Hard to say, if you look at Google, what it owns, how much wealth it generates as a company, you'd see that it IS a professional company, not by how the people dress, but by how the company functions and how the employees conduct themselves, and they probably conduct themselves much better given the work environment, because it MAKES you want to go to work, because it's peaceful, you can enjoy it, and it's kind of fun it seems like.
Good points, I completely agree.

And not only would it be cool to work there for that, but to say that yeah, I worked on the Google search engine that almost everyone uses.

Hehe, they have DDR. I'm in!
The way it is though... it doesn't seem like you'd ever be able to go home. Its like a home away from home... kind of scary actually.

Kage said:
Hehe, they have DDR. I'm in!
The way it is though... it doesn't seem like you'd ever be able to go home. Its like a home away from home... kind of scary actually.

Yeah, that's kind of my point. It freaks me out, going into an office filled with toys, what productivity do those people have?

UK31337 said:
Yeah, that's kind of my point. It freaks me out, going into an office filled with toys, what productivity do those people have?
I'm sure they have time for work, and time for play. And if you start slacking, I'm sure you won't be there for long. They're a very successful company, their system obviously works.

UK31337 said:

Probably high productivity. We're probably seeing pictures of them on their breaks or lunches. Hell, I bet husbands are there on their day/s off. I mean think about the perfect excuse to get away from the wife and kids, "Yeah I have IMPORTANT work to do." I think Google's idea of how to treat your employees is genius and very original, the only thing that even comes close to that is Toys R Us or some video game store.

But even then, the people who work at my local game stores ALWAYS have the store clean, and ready for anyone, although they get to play around when on break or whatever. This ties into my whole work environment thing and making your employees day at work actually enjoyable. Business is obviously business, but no one likes business when it's slow, dull, and boring. Google's idea of a work place is great. Hell if my job gave me something cool to do on my break and lunch, jeeze I'd willingly work 8 hour shits every day.

Back
Top Bottom