I start school Monday! And might get an Internship at Intel this Spring!!! w00t w00t

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
I'm stoked!

I'm studying microelectronics. I go full time this term and winter term, then come spring term, 30-50 kids get to be intern's at Intel!

Intel in Hillsboro here in Oregon takes interns from PCC every year.

I'm going for the Technician Internship. I'm extremely excited about it.

I was approached by a friends dad who's an electrical engineer there and he told me about it, he knew how interested I was in computers and thought I might want to look into it.

In my first year of college, i was going for Business Management, and i freaking HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED, hated hated hated it. I decided I needed to study something different.

Hopefully someday I can work in research and development!

This is going to be a hard road though, I have to take a couple physics classes. I've always been interested in physics, but I've heard the classes can be quite challenging.

But it's more then worth it. I figure I can busy my butt for the next 2 years, and it'll pay off for the rest of my life.

Just thought I'd share my excitement!

Have any of you done something like this? Or are going to school for microelectronics?

Re: I start school Monday! And might get an Internship at Intel this Spring!!! w00t w

Congratulations! now if you could just get me a few free processors....

Re: I start school Monday! And might get an Internship at Intel this Spring!!! w00t w

I'm not as ambitious (or young). I'm going for IT/Networking, even if they did screw up my Networking concentration. I'll pick that part up on my BA.

Haha, thanks guys.

I'm pretty excited. I met with the departments dean yesterday and one of my teachers. One of them has a Phd in Physics, he's probably the smartest/most intimidating guys I've EVER met.

It's going to be hard, 3 different physics classes, RF Plasms, and some chem classes are probably going to be the most challenging courses.

Haha, a few free procs, if only.

People at Intel do get processors at good prices though. I'm sure when that time comes I could hook some of you long time forum members up.

I guess theirs also another company that comes to PCC, it's a solar panel company that does Interns though PCC as well, the exact same way, and I'd be doing the exact same thing. They also pay for school, which is great, considering how much it'd cost for to get a bachelors and masters.

Trotter, I've wanted to go into IT/Networking, that's always been a area I've wanted to go into. How'd they screw up your networking part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom