I should Have known.....(help would be great!!)

kjman87 said:
the test itself failed...im running a defragment right now...but i think something is up...im using like 100GB of my 300GB drive and it really "doesnt need to be defraged" says the anaylsis but im doing it anyway...and over night it only got 38% complete

call Gateway?

You are using segates diagonostic software to test the drive correct?

did you ever Try what i said?

1.go to start,run,cmd,chkdsk /f

click yes to let it restart and run the check

failed as in didn't even start, crashed, gave you an error before finishing, said the hdd had errors?

mammikoura said:
failed as in didn't even start, crashed, gave you an error before finishing, said the hdd had errors?

error before finishing... twice

LambofGod... it was running a defrag...to be honest i forgot to do the chkdisk

but I will

kjman87 said:
error before finishing... twice

LambofGod... it was running a defrag...to be honest i forgot to do the chkdisk

but I will

I would say its on its way out, i would backup anything important

Raffaz said:
I would say its on its way out, i would backup anything important

nothing overly important...got my music already backed up on a external but ill make sure i get the rest on my other external tonight if i can

then ill run a chkdsk and if it fails im calling gateway with an error code and saying I want a new HD

THANKS EVERYONE

EDIT: I am no longer a junior member lol

kjman87 said:
nothing overly important...got my music already backed up on a external but ill make sure i get the rest on my other external tonight if i can

then ill run a chkdsk and if it fails im calling gateway with an error code and saying I want a new HD

THANKS EVERYONE

EDIT: I am no longer a junior member lol

Congrats :D

chkdsk /f and virus scans came up with nada...

looks like its time to reformatte already...

damn gateway :rolleyes: :mad:

Ya can reformat as many times as ya want, but ya missing the point that ya drive has failed 2 tests already, so the problems wont go away mate.

no the chkdsk test passed....the seagate dianostic didnt finish which i am assuming is a failure....

Back
Top Bottom