I screwed myself over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Ok, I already know I am an idiot, just please help me...

I signed up for a free iPod deal, freepay is actually legit but the deal was a scam. It was setup so you sign up for a yearly subscription that you have to pay 20 dollars to cancel. Today's Escape charged me that 20 dollars and I thought it was done. Suddenly a totally different company called Shopping Essentials charged me that same amount on the same day. One month after that, another payment was sent to shopping essentials of the same amount. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't have time to file a claim. This month another payment was suppose to be sent on the same day (today) but luckily I didn't have enough balance to pay it.

I reported the card stolen the first time it I saw Shopping Essentials charge me, but for some reason, they were still able to keep charging me even though I had a different credit card number than before. Of course right I will file a claim, but who knows how long it will take for a response!

I have sent all my money to my friends account and I have cleared out my personal bank account just in case. But I have my uncle's bank account registered in my paypal account also, if what I hear about paypal is true, they will clear out every bank account you have to pay someone.

So I want to know that besides filing a claim, what can I do? If I do not have any money, will shopping essentials keep on charging me on its automated payment? I have tried calling shopping essentials but they are setup to always give a message that says please wait 5 minutes, I've tried staying on the line for more than an hour!

Those IPOD things are a joke.

First of all, i dont like the IPOD's themselves. They're useless.

And getting one free? Thats a bigger joke.

I've also seen 360's and laptops up for free...how do you get them free? Pay money, offer advertising?

i had a similar experience with columbia house..

my sister asked me if she could charge $25 to my credit card, and that was the only payment.. so i said sure. so she gets her CDs.. and she leaves town.. lo and behold.. columbia house keeps charging me and sending me cds.. i told them to stop, but they told me the account is not mine and i can't stop them from charging my OWN CREDIT CARD!! wtf..

anyways.. i just told my credit card company that i had lost my credit card, and the charges stopped.. lol :D

what information did you give them?! credit card number and what else? why would you give them so much info? paypal and what else?

I have a paypal business account which gives me a Debit card to use.

I changed the Debit Card Number, and they are still charging me. The info I gave them was the normal info, Card number and Address. I did not even give them the security code for the card because it was a virtual debit card until I switched the an actual debit card.

The main problem right now is what Shopping Essentials can do. Could they go ahead and start taking funds out of my bank account? My paypal account is cleared out for the moment and I should be receiving a 50 dollar payment which I will then transfer to my friend's account. After this transaction I will close my paypal account. I am a little concened about filing a claim, because I am not legally allowed to have a Paypal Business account under my name. I just want to make sure that nothing happens to my uncle's checking account that is also registered under my paypal account, my uncle's account has thousands of dollars in it!

Edit:Removed both bank accounts right now, will await for claim to be filed to add bank accounts back again. As for comments on the free ipod. It is not fake, there are forums dedicated to selling/trading greens(which are referals) and I personally know a friend in real life who has received more than a thousand dollars worth of goods and cash this way.

talldude123 said:
Those IPOD things are a joke.

First of all, i dont like the IPOD's themselves. They're useless.

And getting one free? Thats a bigger joke.

I've also seen 360's and laptops up for free...how do you get them free? Pay money, offer advertising?

Last I checked, iPods played music and videos. I guess it would be a good choice if you want to play music and videos and have a "cool" looking MP3 player too.

Enough of this Apple bashing, talldude123. You have a Celeron, you have NO room to talk about Macs being "crippled" PCs. When you got your computer, it was already in a wheel chair. Now it's old and bedridden.

Sorry, thats been burning and churning and I knew the next time I saw you bash Apple it would come out.

LOL General.

Anyways I don't think you can do anything legally to Shopping Essential, most of these company are the biggest legal scam. They work legally by attaching themselves as a third party and if you don't read the TOS or what's worded very confusing you won't catch the hidden fees and legal scam.

I admit that when I was new to the internet I also fell for some ridiculous advertisement for a free Sony laptop. Some of these guys aren't working illegal it's just the way they do their business that's unethical.

Sometime when things sound too good to be true, then it isnÂ’t. ThatÂ’s how I see it on the Internet.

Hope you get it resolve.

I had some billing issues with both final fantasy online and horizons, I was using my brothers credit card, it was roling over the subscription and wouldn't cancel, emails and phone calls did no good; I asked my brother to inform his agency to stop payment, they complied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom