I reached my goal :) then crushed it

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
About 3 or so months ago I tossed in squattin ito my work out routine. Well I started at 95 LBs to get my form down right.

Now considering this is a computer forum I tend not to share my gains in lifting because this isn't the place but anyways 3 months ago I sat down and I went I want to squat 300 Lbs. Well today I was mad at my PC and other stuff that are stressing me now so I was at the gym today and looking at the squat rack. I was orginially just going work out at around 215-225. But I was like no, i'm ticked i'm going squat. So I did the whole routine the 200 lbs were fairly easy (as expected) I then hit 300 LBs it didn't fail nearly as heavy as I thought, so I went to 305 where I nearly completely lost control of the weight (wouldn't of been to bad I had set the spotter bars to where if the weight did fail it would stop before crushing into tiny lil pieces) so I was going quit at 305 and call it day but I figured what the heck lets see what 310 feels like. I had already had a beatiful squat at 300 and I hit 310 then I reconigzed somthing.

3 45s on each side is 315. Thats what they call a 6 plate lift. So I decied to go for it. Proof I hit it! Felt so proud that I was able to get 6 plate lift in :) So I had basically hit 315 15 lbs over my goal.

For those of you that don't know what a squat is here is a quick vid of what it is.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4514767605355584211&q=squat

Considered one of the best lifts you can do because of teh health benefits and how quickly it can build you up.

The last time I squatted I did 215. But I wasn't maxing out then.

Maxing out is where you push your body to see how much weight you can do in one rep. Repping out is just working out like 5 sets of 5 reps etc.

Wow, that is a lot of weight. I have never found the max I can squat so I dont know how much I can do, defently not 315 lbs though.

My ankle's won't let me squat to much, they twist way to easily. I've been doing strenghting exercises for them but they don't seem to be getting any stronger. You have any tips nik?

Well I'm volunteering at a hospital this summer and this is what I learned today. Try to not to squat too far down. It wears down on your knees a lot, and you might even need to get an operation one day. Just letting you, pretty much everyone in PT has had operations on their knees or hips.

Well I'm volunteering at a hospital this summer and this is what I learned today. Try to not to squat too far down. It wears down on your knees a lot, and you might even need to get an operation one day. Just letting you, pretty much everyone in PT has had operations on their knees or hips.

Really depends on your body type. I know lifters who swear to ATF (ass to the floor) squats. Then I know others that say parrell maybe slightly lower is the way to go. Me personally I don't parrelle because its easier.

Back
Top Bottom