I never said hello

setishock

Wizard of Wires
It appears I did sign up way back in 2005 but didn't post much and then wandered off. I'm a long time member at Cf also.

I have interests in computers of course. Building and making minor mods. I also fly RC model multi rotor platforms. (I hate the term drone. A drone is a male bee that gets to boink the queen bee.) I'm in to photography as it pertains to my projects and flying my models.

I design and prototype electronics to augment my models and my computers. I'm working on a camera system to go inside my computer and play out on a spare monitor. That's for S&G's. Nothing serious going on with that project. My case doesn't have a window and I want to see what's going on inside. I have several prototype projects going on with my flying models that should make taking pics a little simpler. I have ideas about power distribution that I haven't got to yet.

I've torn down a few of my models to do upgrades on the motors and their controllers that are works in progress. Latest project is a 650mm quad that will be a heavy lifter for cameras. It will also be an experimental platform for testing my prototypes.

You can find my videos at my YouTube page under the screen name Horizinn.

By the way is there a thread somewhere in here for posting pics of your desk/bench? I've been looking but haven't found one.

Last edited:
Welcome...back I guess? :p I'm also into d̶r̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ multi rotor platforms, got my grubby hands on a Flamewheel F450, SteadiDrone Flare, Inspire 1, and some other 6 armed beast I can't recall the model of (which I also thankfully don't have to work with :p terrible thing). Pretty fun!
Also (more so) into photography! Not so much aerial photography though, don't trust flying machines to hold my Canon :silent:

I saw a pretty cool application of the two fields recently, where someone used their RC unit in a time lapse to paint a pretty intricate pattern. Interesting idea! Would be cool to see multiple models in the air, wonder what kind of picture they could create.

Back
Top Bottom