i need your help!!!!!!!

trucks2

Beta member
ok please can you help me someone i have duffed up my mothers pc and need some advice and help on how to fix it........if you can please add me to msn to explain in full but the jist of it is......

i put on a adware scan software to my mothers pc which i have done on my own and deleted all the crazy and dangerous registry keys and now wen i reboot her pc to see if it actually works faster it just kinda freezes at the windows xp is loggin on screen and every so often that lil red light flickering............. i dont know what i done wrong as i have done it on my own pc and its fine and dandy o.... is it possible cos she doesnt shut down her pc but just put it on sleep it can take a hell of a longer time than the norm to start up again>?! pullllllllease im cryin out for a hero

I think u deleted a vital registry key, a friend of mine did this when he did a virus scan, i'm afraid the only sloution was too uninstall windows!! and reinstall it!

Doomed OS

BUM BUM BUMMMMM.....................
just kidding m8, try pulling ur moms HD and putting it in a dif computer, pull all the files you want off from it, and burn them to a cd(s). then put HD back in your mum's comp and do a reformat/install of windows XP.
and next time be more careful when deleting registry keys.. just to make sure u dont delete anythin vital, type each key in google search bar , it'll tell you what it is, Cheers.

Wait a second... Don't you get the blue screen of death when you put a HDD in another computer? When I transferred mine from my old computer to this one, it gave me the blue screen of death stating that Windows could not be started safely because of a recent hardware change. I had to do a fresh install of the blasted OS...

Just a thought... (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

-Jamxx

It depends on the hardware u have, coz ur hard drive will have a different drivers on it for a different hardware!

Hey it worked for me...
but theres one thing I did though. I have an external hd enclosure.. so I can connect via firewire after the OS is loaded and pull the files from it, even without the enclosure it should work connecting it normally, just set the pulled drive to slave, and make sure when you go into bios tell it not to boot to that dive, you can choose the boot order you know just dont put it into the boot order and it shouldnt boot from that disk

Try this...

Sounds like you buggered up a boot file.
Put the xp cd in the drive and boot from it. Go to install and select the repair menu. From there go to the recovery console. Run it. It removes then replaces the system files. If you have damaged a file then this should fix it. However it does delete the updates so you have to download them again.
You may want to see if repeted tries gets it to boot first. If you get in then open the start button and select run. Type this in just as you see it> sfc /scannow. Yes there is a space in between the c and the /. Make sure the xp cd is in the drive as it will ask for it. Good Luck.

ACES WILD said:
Hey it worked for me...
but theres one thing I did though. I have an external hd enclosure.. so I can connect via firewire after the OS is loaded and pull the files from it, even without the enclosure it should work connecting it normally, just set the pulled drive to slave, and make sure when you go into bios tell it not to boot to that dive, you can choose the boot order you know just dont put it into the boot order and it shouldnt boot from that disk

Oh, in that case, nevermind. That makes sense.

yes...you need to reinstall windows...but also...it could...in rare cases be a hardware incombatability with windows...if you are running a dual processor machine SP2 will make it freak (same symptoms u hav now)...other wise...know wut ur doin w/ the registry

Back
Top Bottom