I need to make my signal stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok I have a linksys router downstairs in the basement on one computer and I have another comuter up 2 floors. Now the computer upstairs gets a signal but it is low - very low is there someway I can add to my signal strength or get something so my computer upstairs gets a better signal thanks

Move the antenna directly pointing to the router upstairs. If you want a really good signal, punch a small hole into the ceiling, and point it there. Direct pass-thru.

buy a signal booster? or if you have not got your router connected to yuo pc via any wires, move you router to the "middle floor of your house where there is a phone socket?

Hi everybody. Im new here so Im just cruising checking things out.
Has anyone ever tried the satelite thing to boost wireless signals from across you city?

Funny, I just posted this information on another post... but it bears repeating. You might be able to save some money on a fancy new router and avoid punching holes in the walls:

Most Linksys routers default to transmitting at 50% power. Stock ROM won't let you change it. You can safely get it up to about 75% transmit power with a 3rd party ROM flash. I'm running Hyperwrt/Thibor. Your router is almost definitely a diff version than mine.. so be careful about flashing your router's rom.

I hate posting the same thing twice, but I answered this question on my forum a few weeks ago....

http://curebox.gotdns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom