I need to make my signal stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok I have a linksys router downstairs in the basement on one computer and I have another comuter up 2 floors. Now the computer upstairs gets a signal but it is low - very low is there someway I can add to my signal strength or get something so my computer upstairs gets a better signal thanks

talldude123

Banned
Move the antenna directly pointing to the router upstairs. If you want a really good signal, punch a small hole into the ceiling, and point it there. Direct pass-thru.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
buy a signal booster? or if you have not got your router connected to yuo pc via any wires, move you router to the "middle floor of your house where there is a phone socket?

crayon7

Baseband Member
Hi everybody. Im new here so Im just cruising checking things out.
Has anyone ever tried the satelite thing to boost wireless signals from across you city?

incog8723

Beta member
Funny, I just posted this information on another post... but it bears repeating. You might be able to save some money on a fancy new router and avoid punching holes in the walls:

Most Linksys routers default to transmitting at 50% power. Stock ROM won't let you change it. You can safely get it up to about 75% transmit power with a 3rd party ROM flash. I'm running Hyperwrt/Thibor. Your router is almost definitely a diff version than mine.. so be careful about flashing your router's rom.

I hate posting the same thing twice, but I answered this question on my forum a few weeks ago....

http://curebox.gotdns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom