I need to find a way store information automatically on internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.aquarian

Beta member
Hi,

I would be very greatful if you could suggest me a solution for this:

The requirement is that I need to perform remote monitoring of a Java application running on my office system from my home at regular intervals of 1 hour.

So I am thinking whether there is any website (Free RSS Feed Service or something similar) which offers me a way to automatically post the application status through Java on the internet each hour and let me view the hourly status whenever I want from my home by visiting the Posted information.

Any ideas please (or any other alternatives)???

If you have some web hosting, or perhaps setup a web server on a spare computer (or on the Java box) you could then have your Java application make an XML file and send it to the web server. Then, use an RSS reader (or PHP or something) to parse the XML file.

Thanks for replies.

@CrazeD:
I was on the lookout for any online service which allows storing information on the web through programmable interface for authentication and posting, but that search did not result in much help. If u can specify any such service, I might go for this way.

Or you could get it to send you status emails.

Status emails might solve the purpose.
But, any idea where can I get free programmable emailing services?

Thanks for replies.

@CrazeD:
I was on the lookout for any online service which allows storing information on the web through programmable interface for authentication and posting, but that search did not result in much help. If u can specify any such service, I might go for this way.

Status emails might solve the purpose.
But, any idea where can I get free programmable emailing services?

You can use Google's SMTP servers if you have a gmail account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom