I need some help....

Berry05

BSOD
I'm trying to make my own forum site...I'm going to make it on the 21st but I need some help and some questions to be solved...
I want it to be powered from VBulletin is that a good choice or no? money is not a problem, I just want the best thing that it can be powered by...like VBulletin for example..
Another question...I heard people saying that they use there computer as a server to there site? I don't get that like how can they use there computer as a server to a site...Isn't there site's where you can buy a server and have GB's of information on your site, like they have a certain amount of bandwidth for you or something? Can people use there computers as servers for there own forum sites and for what though?
I'm new to this stuff and I'd like help and advice please!!! :eek:

Can people use there computers as servers for there own forum sites and for what though?
Yes you can.
Seems you are looking for free web hosting and paid license I would suggest you have a look at free forum like phpBB (very nice one) and web hosting for forum. I have seen here Serverpoint.com doing that.
I thintk that will be wiser.

Back
Top Bottom