I need some help please

FullMetal

Baseband Member
Hey guys I just installed Warcraft 3 ReiN of Chaos and when I load it up my screen goes black and I can hear the sounds but cant see anything I have a Ge-Force 5600 XT if that helps at all if you have any suggestions or no anything I could do to make it run please help pleaseee

Hi,

Well that to me sounds like you'e running the game at too high a resolution for you're videocard/monitor, which is weird if you've only just installed it and haven't changed anything... :S

Does Warcraft 3 have a set-up before you play the game where you could change settings, like in the program menu or something?

Any other games you try have this problem too? or is it just that one game? If so, i'm wondering if you're video card has an automatic setting somewhere in the display properties to set games to a rate or something... not to sure you see as i have an ati.

Hope I can help
Kage

well, it's never done this with any other game... every other game has worked perfectly fine.. you might be right about the resolution but when i first intalled the game its got a short movie and that worked then I press ESCP to get straight to the Command list or what ever you wanna call it then everything went black.. i could hear everything but it was all black..

Has you're monitor got a display that will tell you what resoloution it is trying to run at? If so, see if that is any higher than you're monitor can support.

It's very weird though...

Some games have a gamma and brightness setting too. So try to increase that when you get a blank screen

Sorry i am just throwing things at you here.

Does you're monitor just go black? or does it have a light that changes colours for instance, like mine goes from green to orange when its struggling.

Sorry I cant give you a definate answer
Try those anyway
Kage

Yeah your resolution is probably messed up. Also check that you have the latest drivers for the video card.

If its a new game your card might not handle it. Also..you updated directx?

well.. my card can handle it I know that for sure cause ge-force 4 mx's can handle this game so i shouldnt have a problem at all and yes my monitor has a green light and when my screen goes black the light goes red

Yeah i'm sure that can definetly handle it. My geforce 2 mx 400 could lol.
Its definetly something to do with the res then i'd say.

Yea try doing what rakedog said and try updatin the video drivers from the Nvidia site.

I think the game uses Direct-x 8, so, go to Start, Run, and type DxDiag. Check that you have direct-x 8 or higher. I'd prefrably go to the direct-x site and download the latest 9.c if possible.

Hope the problem goes lol,
Kage

Back
Top Bottom