I need some help on this one, please Look!!

Dopey113

Solid State Member
I have just got a game (COD MW2) and the graphics card just cant handle it, when i load the game and try to start it up it say, something about not having shadows in it, i cant remember exactly what it said now, but if you know how can i get around this? i have been reading up and as far as i can understand i need to down load Direct 9c? and some kind of 3d software for the shadows, i try and load direct x but it tells me to put it in a folder (browse button comes up) i ant got a clue as to where to put it!!

I just looked at the game box and it says you need shader 3.0 or better

I have a AMD 300+
1.80Hz 1.00 of ram
Radeon 9600 series
Radeon 9600 series (secondary)

Is there any chance you guys can try and help without me getting another card!! thanks

Or how about a recommendations of some cards, with shader 3.0 ??

Ouch sounds like you're still AGP 8x. You can get a 256mb or 512mb card, but the clock speeds, and everything else are soo low. I would suggest doing a mobo/cpu/memory/graphics overhaul. Wont cost as much as building a new cpu, cause you save money on OS, hdd, and optical drive, Plan on spending around 200$, maybe 250$.

sounds like you're still AGP 8x

Sorry m8 can you explain that to me again?? i ant got a clue

I would suggest doing a mobo/cpu/memory/graphics overhaul

Do you mean a new graphics card?

cause you save money on OS, hdd, and optical drive,

Err, sorry m8 what's all that? is that something to do with the chip being old? its a 4 year old puter now

Thanks for the reply though. top man!!

I did this hope it helps

AMD Sempron 3000+
Windows XP Home Edition SP3 (Build 2600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 1 Cores - 1 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Sempron Processor 3000+
CPU EXT : MMX(+) 3DNow!(+) SSE SSE2 SSE3 x86-64
CPUID : F.C.2 / Extended : F.2C
CPU Cache : L1 : 64 / 64 KB - L2 : 128 KB
Core : Palermo (90 nm) / Stepping : DH-E6

Freq : 1799.53 MHz (199.95 * 9)
MB Brand : eveshamvale
MB Model : Unknown
NB : SiS 760GX rev 03
SB : SiS 964 rev 36

GPU1 Type : RADEON 9600 SERIES
GPU2 Type : RADEON 9600 SERIES - Secondary
DirectX Version : 9.0c

RAM : 1024 MB DDR Single Channel
RAM Speed : 163.6 MHz (Unknown) @ 3-3-3-8
Slot 1 : 512MB (3200)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Nanya Technology
Slot 2 : 512MB (3200)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Nanya Technology

OK. Basically the deal is that you need a new computer. Your is old and doesn't have the right interface or requirments to run MW2. :( So you are in the market for getting a new computer. You can probably get a good one for about $550 if you build it yourself and about $700 prebuilt.

Yeah, If you're planning on doing a main hardware re-work, you might as well go the whole nine yards. Let us know if you intend to build your own. We will do our best to help you understand what to buy and how to assemble it all.

Ok thats bad news for my wallet!!

Is there anything there that can be salvaged at all to save me a few ££

im assuming this guy is from the UK. most people just assume $$ all the time but his posts and the fact he uses ££ instead of $$ convinces me hes english lol.

do you want a pre built pc then or make one yourself?

Your right m8, im from London

I would rather build one myself, but i will have to wait till after xmass cash is tight up till then, but i will make notes of reconsiderations

How hard is it to build your own? you just slot stuff in to it, im not looking to build some kind of world dominating bling puter, as long as i have net and gaming, im well happy!!
what is the size of the HDD
Its not a very big drive now, cant remember how to fine the size of it, i think its only 1.8 ??? give me a pointer how to find it and i will post it up

Thanks guys

Go under My Computer and click what should be labeled as ( C: ) or Local Disk. Click properties and see where it says "capacity" This is all assuming you are on XP, by the way. It may or may not be similar for Vista/Se7en.

Back
Top Bottom