I need members on my forum (lol)

lhamil64

In Runtime
I have a forum set up, dedicated to programming, but i need members. I have no members at the moment (just my account and a test account i made)

It at the moment is very bare (only a few forums, and its the default phpbb skin)
I tried installing a different skin, but so many of the things weren't working, so i switched back to the default (until i get more members and some mods, so then i can have a little help designing it)

Unfortunately, it is hosted under gigacities so i am the only one who can really add skins and things, but if you want me to add a skin then you can just PM me a link to download it and I'll add it.

The link to the forum is:
http://lhamil64.gigacities.net/forum

Im not sure if you are aware but when signing up to your forum it throws up an error message when you submit. The error is to do with email.php just thought id let you know.

Actually, i remember that error. Your account actually signs up even though the email doesn't go through (i believe)
The reason for this error is because Gigacities apparently doesn't support the php mail() function.

EDIT:
Your account IS signed up and is active.
Also, there is a setting to use an external SMTP server instead of the mail() function. I will try this and see how it works out.

Hello,
Well I saw you said you need posters in your site. I am offering a link exchange set up for my forums. Bascially you go to my forum and post and I will post in your forum. We can set up a amount that you want to haev a week, and it will help us both get the members we want.

Also, you were talking about it being a phpbb forum, and you having trouble with that. I can help you with that, as I design phpbb skins alot. Here is one that i did today custom for the site.

www.planetstd.com/downloads

It runs the same type of engine basically as the phpbb skin.

You might spread the news among your your friends and when the forum is a little populated post an ad at other forums to attract memebers. Do you have only programming sections?

I tried another host that came up with the same error message so i'm trying to move my website to a host that allows mail() and has safe mode off. The only thing is that i have to upload the files because there is no script installer (well i guess there is but i don't know where but there is a placeholder for a tutorial)

I'll post the link once its up.

I tried another host that came up with the same error message so i'm trying to move my website to a host that allows mail() and has safe mode off. The only thing is that i have to upload the files because there is no script installer (well i guess there is but i don't know where but there is a placeholder for a tutorial)

I'll post the link once its up.
Ok.:)

Back
Top Bottom