I need help.

deviate

Solid State Member
Alright, this is my set.

N68C-S UCC Motherboard
AMD Phenom II x6 2.7 Ghz - 3.2 Turbo Processor
NVIDIA GTX 560Ti
Kingston DDR3 RAM 4gb x 2 (8GB)

I've recently been seeing wierd fps glitches for a few seconds on an arma2 mod, dayz.
I then started to install programs and research what was happening..
Using CPU-Z and CoreTemp I found that my processors was dropping from 2.7 to 1.4 ... and I dont know why?
While I was playing it would sometimes drop to 2.6 and increase to 2.8, but thats not he problem...
I then overclocked the processor to 3.1ghz to see if it would be stable while playing games.. It worked fine for arma2 mod, dayz.
I then start playing guildwars on high, 1600x1200 or even 1920x1200, (which it should be playable on with my spec) and my processor slows down to 1.6 .. :/
I've checked the bias for the 'cool'n'quiet' feature to see if it's slowing down to stay cool and quiet, but it's disabled. So i have no idea why it should be slowing down! :mad:

Slightly angered, but meh- does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
I want a constant high processor speed ... but cant find any solution, overclocking my processor didnt help- i've turned it down now, but I still want to find out why.

There are other power saving features in your bios you need to disable so it will quit doing that. Although, that may not be your problem as the processor is only supposed to drop speeds when it isn't really being used.

There are other power saving features in your bios you need to disable so it will quit doing that. Although, that may not be your problem as the processor is only supposed to drop speeds when it isn't really being used.

helpnd.jpg

erm? ._.
I did what the other guy said- and in my bios I didnt see any options to disable anything related to that- a friend of mine said something about voltages but I've forgot now i'll check with him in the morning, I also turned off cool 'n' quiet, and reset my processor to it's default speed of 2.7..

Still the same problem on gw2, and i'm using the software (as shown on the pic) to test stress on the processor instead of a game.

I should have Googled your motherboard straight from the start. I don't think it fully supports your CPU which could be the problem. But, you can try setting these too.

On the bottom, make sure CPU Active Control is disabled.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=26919

Make sure all of these settings are on auto.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=26920

Make sure these match as well.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=26921

If that doesn't work, then your board is throttling your CPU due to low VRMs.

I should have Googled your motherboard straight from the start. I don't think it fully supports your CPU which could be the problem. But, you can try setting these too.

On the bottom, make sure CPU Active Control is disabled.
Image | Hardware Secrets

Make sure all of these settings are on auto.
Image | Hardware Secrets

Make sure these match as well.
Image | Hardware Secrets

If that doesn't work, then your board is throttling your CPU due to low VRMs.

I checked what you told me to do bro, it was already set to the options you listed..
So that means i'm screwed? :/
And theres no way to fix it.. and I wont be able to play guildwars2 with good fps when it releases. great.

Have you checked your tempertures by chance? I would say your motherboard just can't pump out the power needed for that CPU... Most boards seem to dislike the x6 phenom processors due to a low amount of power phases, AMD boards tend to get stuck with only 4 phases...

Try looking into your motherboard settings and disable the last 2 cores of your processor if possible, and see if that helps some.

Have you checked your tempertures by chance? I would say your motherboard just can't pump out the power needed for that CPU... Most boards seem to dislike the x6 phenom processors due to a low amount of power phases, AMD boards tend to get stuck with only 4 phases...

Try looking into your motherboard settings and disable the last 2 cores of your processor if possible, and see if that helps some.

Ofcourse I have been watching my temperatures lol, I've got the program to watch them in the picture above :/ it's on 'always on top' so it displays the temp even when a game is running, and if not- i'll minimize the game slightly and still keep everything on high. You're saying my mobo cant pump power- cant I change that somehow in the bios?.. And if my CPU is overheating when all 6 cores what sense does it make to disable two of them and make 4 work even harder? ... :/ Surely the CPU temperature will go even higher than what is is going to now before the speed drops down to 1.4 or 1.6 .. :/

Anyway- on a side note- I went into the bios and turned off CPU THERMAL THROTTLE or something like that, It allowed my CPU to get to 62c before AUTO-SWITCHING OFF MY PC.. I spoke to my brother and he says that his cpu gets to 65 while playing games anyway? and 62 isnt bad for gaming? I should only be worried when going over 71c.

You have more temps than your CPU, and I said disable the last two cores for a reason, due to power issues that may be present with a crappy motherboard. Also, what brand/model is your PSU?

Back
Top Bottom