I need help picking out out a CPU fan and some case fans.

mummer43

Baseband Member
Ok, the fan on my processor is acting up and I would like to replace it. I have an Asus P4P800s motherboard and a Pentium 4 3.3 GHz processor. Can someone tell me what fans are compatible with that processor? \

Also, I have one case fan that is a little loud and I'd also like to add another. How do I know which size to get?

The key word on all these fans is quiet!!

Thanks!!

rdcmmnst said:
hm...are you planning to order your fans online?

Yes. I currently have the stock heatsink that came with the processor and 1 80 mm case fan. I have 2 ports for the case fans, one on top of the other. Should one case fan be intake and the other be exhaust? There is currently only one case fan.

I would like to replace the CPU fan with a high quyality one.

I need a CPU cooler that's of good quality and easy to install, since I'm a beginner in modding my computer.

i will have to be honest i haven't tried many brands but zalman is the besti have tried. I would guess that the bottom should be intake and the top exhaust seeing as how hot air rises if your case came with a manual make sure you know which size fan will work

Ok, someone on another forum told me that the P4, 3.2 MHz is a 775 and not a 478... is this correct? I was under the impression it was a 478.

I just looked and I have a port in the front, but it's obscured by the faceplate. I also just realized that I only have one 3 pin wire on my power supply and that's being used. How can I hook up a 2nd case fan. There's a 4 pin conector... is there an adapter?

It depends which Pentium 3.2 you get :p I think the Northwood is 478, and the Prescott is 775, but I'm not sure. You'll have to look into it.

Back
Top Bottom