• computer 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • computer 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
aye.

Id get 5 and buy a q6600 with the savings off pc#4 (wouldnt been my 2nd choice) like everyone said. Then splurge a bit and grab a good psu. That way youll only spend somewhere arund 1150 which is still 250 below your most expensive choice. And you get a better pc alltogether out of it.

Oh just noticed you can put that 350 towards a good 20 or 22" monitor. Didnt see one listed.
ClubIT Product - SAMSUNG SyncMasterâ„¢ 22" 2ms 300cd/m2 700:1 DVI Black Widescreen LCD Monitor Retail 226BW
40$ mail in rebate. 279 shipped isnt bad.

ok ok... twas only an example i say again! i find it strange that someone that gets an OCZ psu and not like it.. then posts a comment saying how good it is, especially 164 times. but oh well... :rolleyes:

personally i would get either:

Coolermaster
Corsair (the one he recommended was really good.. $115 and top quality)
Enermax
Tagan
Seasonic

500watt+

The Samsung 22" is a good choice for monitor. ;)

if your getting the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard .. then yeh. flip out pop in.. simple as that :) just to let you know that mobo is not sli thou.. you also will need some ArticSilver 5 thermal paste. Theres loads of tutorials on how to apply thermal paste correctly, just google it. You dont need to install anything it should work out the box... but usually best idea is to clean install operating system with new hardware.

Ok, so completely noobish question (I tried to tell you before lol :happy: ), but what is the difference between SLI and not SLI? And should I try to buy a motherboard with SLI?

Likely right now I'll be sticking to games like C&C:3, CoD 4, and Battlefield 2 for the next 6 months or so until I might want to branch out to something else. So I'm not sure how important this SLI stuff is to that? And if it might be something that can be waited on and still get good gaming from those games?

just to clarify... you want the Q6600 G0 (basically its second revision, less power consumption)

Your welcome :)

couldnt find this on newegg? Am I missing something, or just retarded? I'm sure its the latter in this computer stuff, but gimme an M4 assault rifle and I can become a genius instantly!

Again, thanks for all the help, I was completely blind and likely would have went for one of the more expensive systems thinking it had to have better stuff with it!

aye.

Id get 5 and buy a q6600 with the savings off pc#4 (wouldnt been my 2nd choice) like everyone said. Then splurge a bit and grab a good psu. That way youll only spend somewhere arund 1150 which is still 250 below your most expensive choice. And you get a better pc alltogether out of it.

Oh just noticed you can put that 350 towards a good 20 or 22" monitor. Didnt see one listed.
ClubIT Product - SAMSUNG SyncMasterâ„¢ 22" 2ms 300cd/m2 700:1 DVI Black Widescreen LCD Monitor Retail 226BW
40$ mail in rebate. 279 shipped isnt bad.

I actually already have a gaming mouse, keyboard, and 19" LCD monitor. It's from an unsuccessful attempt of mine to purchase a computer in April, which now sits idly and wants to get a bunch of errors when I try to install Windows XP SP2 to it.

oh that saves you a ton of cash then XD The difference between crossfire and sli is pretty simple. Mainly crossfire is ATI only. SLI is nVidia. They both do the same thing basically, except crossfire is much more efficient than SLI at this time. Meaning it works better. SLI you got somethign like a 40% ish gain give or take. (lame considering you pay 200% for 2 cards) and I've no clue about what the gain is with crossfire.. maybe 60%ish? (correct me someoen who knows XD)

Go stepping you can't get from newegg guarenteed. its clubit specific.
ClubIT Product - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping Kentsfield 2.40GHz 8MB L2 LGA 775 Processor Retail BX80562Q6600 SLACR
theres the link.
with the GTS you probably dont need to worry about those 3 games. It's plenty fast enough. If you wanted to SLI youd need to get a new motherboard along with the card. probably run you 4 or 500$ (depends on the board, i think the gts is still around 300? maybe less)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom