I Need Good But Low-Priced Monitor

But don't you think 5ms is a bit too slow for gaming?

5ms is five one-thousandths of a second. When comparing this to other monitors that purport to have, for example, a 2ms delay - which isn't strictly accurate anyway as different manufacturers measure the delay differently - it doesn't really mean much.

Last edited:
5ms is five one-thousandths of a second. When comparing this to other monitors that purport to have, for example, a 2ms delay - which isn't strictly accurate anyway as different manufacturers measure the delay differently - it doesn't really mean much.
I see, thanks. Now, considering that I'll get a gaming desktop with Nvidia 970, do you recommend a monitor with refresh rate of 60Hz or 144Hz?

I see, thanks. Now, considering that I'll get an Nvidia 970, do you recommend a monitor with refresh rate of 60Hz or 144Hz?

It depends on what sort of games you'll be playing i.e. the genre.

It depends on what sort of games you'll be playing i.e. the genre.
I'll be playing The Division, GTAV, current and future games.

But overall I want to be able to get smooth gameplay with any game, whether at a very high FPS with playing medium settings or lower FPS when playing at high or ultra settings.

Last edited:
But overall I want to be able to get smooth gameplay with any game, whether at a very high FPS with playing medium settings or lower FPS when playing at high or ultra settings.

In that case 144Hz is worth it for you over 60Hz, in my opinion.

I have the same preferences, btw, but personally I use 60Hz because I've never bothered to buy a 144Hz monitor. There are games that I'd prefer a higher FPS for (including, oddly, Minecraft).

In that case 144Hz is worth it for you over 60Hz, in my opinion.

I have the same preferences, btw, but personally I use 60Hz because I've never bothered to buy a 144Hz monitor. There are games that I'd prefer a higher FPS for (including, oddly, Minecraft).
I see, appreciate that. I've been looking at a couple of good monitors. But the reviews say the speakers aren't that good. Should I get external speakers for them or just settle for these built-in speakers?

I see, appreciate that. I've been looking at a couple of good monitors. But the reviews say the speakers aren't that good. Should I get external speakers for them or just settle for these built-in speakers?

Just assume any in-built speakers are terrible and not worth using. There is a random chance that you might happen to get a monitor with usable in-built speakers but don't count on it. Even a cheap $30 2.1 speaker set will be much better than any speakers built into a monitor.

Back
Top Bottom