I need access to my access denied folder/files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUDMD

Solid State Member
:amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

My computer would get to the Boot Screen then i got a blue screen and it restarted. I used Hiren's boot cd and copied all the contents in this folder
C:\Documents and Settings onto the Local Disk D (second partion) Installed a new installation of the same windows (MCE) and i cannot open any files in there. It says that access is denied and the pictures just says no previews. i was logged in under the Administrator account. I have even changed the ownership of the folder and still nothing. I really need my documents back and i can't get them to work. help is appreciated, thanks.:bald:

I have posted this thread after reading that article and following every step in there. Didn't work, anyone has other ideas? Thanks.

Well since you just copied them from one password protected account without taking off hte protection there arefew options.

If you have taken back ownership already then you are in some trouble. It seems that when you got the BSOD it corrupted the files. So getting them back might not be so easy.

Try to disable the file sharing and make sure you have taken ownership of them. Other than that i dont know. I will have to dig a bit deeper.

Simple file sharing was disable prior to taking the ownership of the files.

I just need the pictures from it. There are like 5 different accounts all in one folder that i copied. Took ownership of all and none of them work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom