i need a EASY 2 USE endoscope

got the camera down the pipe today. there is a plastic bottle cap, and what looks like a sock, or some other material, with something else that is clear plastic. not sure if there is anything beyond that or not. so whoever did this, did it on purpose, and worked at it. the kid ( i hope it was a kid) needs a trip out behind the woodshed. of course, that is my dads saying. there are no wood sheds anymore. i put a piece of tape on the camera lead so i would know how far down the line is is. its roughly 6 feet away from the end of the pipe that i was putting it in. which should be about the point where the bathtub drain connects. which i guess makes sense. it gives enough room for the material to turn sideways a bit, and get lodged. i got all the stuff together and into a box to crawl under the house tomorrow. its not going to be a pleasant day. unless by chance there is a clean out nearby. i won't be holding my breath on that though. actually, that made the wheels start turning in my head. i will put a clean out in the line while i have it apart. as long as i do not have to do a lot of modification. i am to old, but to anyone out there thinking about building or remodeling, thinking forward 30 years or so could be a big help. put things like clean outs where they can be accessed w/o crawling around in the dirt. when your young, it just an unpleasant job. when your old, its going to hurt. of course the best solution is to have a full basement under the house. so you can walk right up to whatever you need to fix. in a few more years, something like this will be a "call a plumber" thing. unless my son all of a sudden shows an interest in manual labor. hmmm, another idea popped into my head. i had better put the laptop and camera in the box, and make sure there is nothing in the line beyond his blockage. i dont even want to think about crawling back in to do the job a second time.

Back
Top Bottom