I made a computer ( need help ! )

Osak said:
Im not sure but i would try switching the switch and find out what works (I think there is only 2 switchs)

OMFG! Dont touch the voltage switch! NO!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO!!! It will destroy EVERYTHING! AHH!! NO!!!! PLEASE DONT BE TOO LATE!!! NO!!!!

First off, if a pin on your CPU is bent or broken, it wont work at all, you will need a replacement. Secondly, if you dropped the CPU, you may have damaged the silicon cell wafers, effectively destroying the innards of the CPU... if this has happened, it wont be able to hold the binary charge in the transistors on wafer, and won't be able to hold data in otherwords... so it might be too late.

Now, lets say it wasn't your processor. What you need to do is check the power supply and have it tested.... ALSO, did you even try what I mentioned above? I didn't type that for my health. If the CMOS had a residual charge, it could have backfired and caused a boot code corruption that can easily be repaired with a CMOS reset (which doesnt effect the PC at all BTW...) Try all the things I have mentioned above, and I will copy and paste them below here again for you.

ABOVE DIRECTIONS:
that doesnt matter, it is your PSU. RAIDMAX's PSUs are horrible are notorious for blowing out a 5V rail which would in effect stop the charge from flowing cleanly to the CPU or RAM. This would prevent the BIOS from loading correctly. Now, what u can do is disconnect ALL of your drives, resit your RAM making sure that the RAM is in slot 1 and slot 3 if your Motherboard has 4 slots. Another thing u can do is try reseating the CPU in the ZIF socket and making sure it is really locked down. Also makesure that your ATX connector on the motherboard is all the way down. If even one pin isn't complete lodged in, it will cause this. Also, try and reset your BIOS by hitting the small reset button near the BIOS chip of system battery. If you dont have one, unplug the PC, hold down the the power button for 30 secs, then take out the system battery on the motherboard for 10 secs while holding the power button again for 5. Then put back in the battery and plug it back in and start it up. Try reseating your graphics card as well.

No i didnt change the voltage. I dont even know the voltage of my house lol. Well this blows know I need a new processor and a PSU ( most likely ) :( A friend of mine is going to come over to test out his PSU in my computer. His is not an in-cas-when-you-buy PSU

jmiller18 said:
No i didnt change the voltage. I dont even know the voltage of my house lol. Well this blows know I need a new processor and a PSU ( most likely ) :( A friend of mine is going to come over to test out his PSU in my computer. His is not an in-cas-when-you-buy PSU

Yeah, it is better to get an OEM or retail PSU BY ITSELF. You get better quality. :D

Did you even try to reset the CMOS like I said, that could be a very easy solution.

Back
Top Bottom