I lost tons of music

ive now created a new partition on my hdd to put stuff on when i format to save discs/risk of losing, etc.. i know if my whole pc f**ks up im screwed but the files arnt that important. you sound like quite a music fan so deffo get an external hdd :p

I have 3 drives, c:, d: and e:.
c: and d: are partitions on my main 200 gb Maxtor and e: is the entire 250 gb Maxtor I have.
c: (50 gb) is my main partiton where I have windows and all my programs installed.
d: (150 gb) is my storage for my music
e: (250 gb) this is my backup drive, I have everything backed up on it and I have a whole load of movies and other kinds of files on there I have downloaded.

And just for good measure, I have everything backed up on DVD's too.

i like to know that if for any reason the hhd bites the dust, i can always rely on the back up data Dvd's.

~mr mixx~ said:
i like to know that if for any reason the hhd bites the dust, i can always rely on the back up data Dvd's.
Yeah, and hopefully you've backed up recently enough that you won't lose that much data.

yeah, join the club, my ipod had all my music (ripped, and aquired through methods of questionable legality) but i was usin it as a hdd for music, got erased, did a simple recover, and most of its back

I used extra HDs, DVDs and tapes for backup, but as for music I just play the cd so I don't have to worry about backing them up lol!

David Lindon said:
but as for music I just play the cd so I don't have to worry about backing them up lol!

Good idea, why didnt i think of that! lol :)

Raffaz said:
Or ya could set up RAID 10, for those not in the know, here it is. Expensive but the best. :)
http://www.acnc.com/04_01_10.html

I was thinking of a RAID 5 array for this PC.

This was my fault and not the drives fault lol. I frequently backup stuff, however i cleared the backup drive in order to backup the new files. However i didnt copy everything.

All music and non adult images are supposed to be stored on a NAS
Games and programs are never backed up
Other images ;) are supposed to be (and are) on a USB hard drive at all times.

Back
Top Bottom