I Just Want To Get Back To The Game

FarPastGone

Beta member
I Just Want To Get Back To Killing

Ok, so my computer was doing just fine until this morning. I woke up and tryed to play Battlefield 2 and got some message about how my graphics card was eff'ed up I didn't want to hear it so I restarted my computer, now Battlefield isn't working nor any other games on the computer. I have no clue where to start, what is wrong, or what to do; if you could throw some help my way that would be amazing.

I just threw the computer together about a year ago, its got a Pentium 4 2.80 GHz processor, a Radeon 9600 Series Display, 1024 RAM, and I can't remember the exact harddrive I put in I think it was an 80 gb Raptor or something.

Needless to say im not a genius with computers, and eventhough its running, it is much slower then before and not opening the games.

Re: I Just Want To Get Back To Killing

download and use

adaware
spybot search and destroy
CCleaner.

tehn download the newest drivers for that video card. see if that helps

How do I go about finding what drives would help, be compatible? Also I was wondering where I find which exact drive I have in my computer?

To find out your current driver you can usually go to view system information under my computer, then click on the hardware tab, and then hardware device manager... look for agp or pci and you should find your video card and some specifications. If that doesn't work try right clicking on your desktop then going to properties, and then to settings, and finally advanced. Once you find your driver do a google search for your cards drivers. Look for an update or a match and install them.

NOTE: I would recommend using driver cleaner first before reinstalling drivers. If not just uninstall your old ones reinstall and reboot.

Back
Top Bottom