I just saw saving private ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Saw II last night. BEST MOVIE EVER.

Totally pwnz0r3d Saving Private Ryan. Besides, there are wayyy too many WWII movies out there.

lol, I had a long post wrote up about freedoms of choice, idealogies, and the value of war movies (wwII as well) because of the fact that they still show them.

Ill leave it at my opinion. I don't think there are enough wwII movies, I like war movies in general.

To me, the most worthless movies are horror movies.

Dude, SPR is a good movie, but if this is the first time you've seen it, I have one question for you....What rock were you hiding under, cause it was a big one.

The Omaha beach scene is awesome though. That was just a storm of lead.

hillbillybob said:
To me, the most worthless movies are horror movies.

The Saw series aren't horror movies ... They aren't supposed to be scary, they are supposed to make you think. If you'd seen Saw and Saw II then you'd understand. Saw II is the most brilliant movie I've seen in a long time ... Sure, there's some gross violent stuff in it, but the movie had to be written by a genius...

I did see Saw...IMO it's a horror movie. I see where you say it's supposed to make you think, but for that matter, it's marketed as a horror movie, doesn't that kinda make it fall in the genre of horror movie?

besides, there are a lot of other ways of making you think...Documentaries are pretty good, a decent expose will do that....I guess the fact that John Q. Public (and this is not meant as an insult to you General, just a generalization [no pun intended]) doesn't think unless there is wonton death, gallons of blood, and a couple livers and intestines floating about. If it's meant as a means to get the attention of the viewers so that the thought provoking storyline can get across to them....that just goes to prove how far society had slid backwards.

The movies have excellent plots, well thought out, and a documentary couldn't put me in the shock I was in at the end of Saw II.

Sure, they are marketed as horror movies, but they are not horror movies. Just like how Star Wars were marketed as space adventure movies, but they are not space adventure movies. They are good vs. evil, political, etc. The space ships had nothing to do with the storyline.

I guess Im an oddball then. I love star wars. I consider it a Sci-fi or Space adventure (never heard of it though) with a storyline that has good vs. evil/political as simply a means to tell the story. You can always get people to listen when there are contrasts. The whole Protagonist/Antagonist as vehicles for moving the plot along.

bigr5026 said:
At a few parts i wanted to punch my screen

good movie
[sarcasm]

positive8.jpg

[/sarcasm]

i liked black hawk down and windtalkers. and pearl harbor was pretty good but not as good as black hawk down and windtalkers IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom