I Just Ordered This Board..

Jeez... proper grammar please?

What CPU will you be using?

You would do really good with a HD 5850. Yes its ATI. Nvidia's current cards are an epic ripoff when you consider that ATI has a card in every price range and they almost all outperform Nvidia's, and ATI's new cards (including the 5850) have DirectX11 and Eyefinity support.

You will not need anything more than a 5850 unless you have an eyefinity setup.

Nice board, i would say this card http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=243014 i was going to get it for my machine but havnt got enougth cash :(

Hope this helps....

This card is pretty weak for high-end gaming. Get a better one if you want to max games.

Jeez... proper grammar please?

What CPU will you be using?

You would do really good with a HD 5850. Yes its ATI. Nvidia's current cards are an epic ripoff when you consider that ATI has a card in every price range and they almost all outperform Nvidia's, and ATI's new cards (including the 5850) have DirectX11 and Eyefinity support.

You will not need anything more than a 5850 unless you have an eyefinity setup.

This card is pretty weak for high-end gaming. Get a better one if you want to max games.
Like usual, what foothead said :p

Being an Nvidia fanboy (or any other form of a fanboy) will lead you to making bad decisions. You can get an Nvidia card (GTX280), but it won't perform as good, and doesn't have DX11 or EyeFinity. Also, it has more power consumption, and is a bigger card, with less output ports.

I like the board...seems decent, never really bought that kind of brand before, but looks good!

All Nvidia cards are sad for the price.

I like them, but ATI is just owning them right now in the price/performance area.

The GTS250 and GTX260 I felt were the best in their classes, but now ATI managed to get their cards out before Nvidia, and Nvidia is focusing too much on PhysX and other things people just don't care about, but are charging extra for.

The thing is that ATI has matching cards for much cheaper.

The 4850 = GTS 250 and its $95 vs. $125 for the GTS.

The 4870 is the same performance as a GTX 260, and cost $160 vs. $200.

Big difference for the same performance.

Back
Top Bottom