I just got this weird check in the mail?

shadygirl420

In Runtime
It says congratulations you have been selected to receive a $9,960 Cash Grant Award. He sayshis name is Al Snyder and he is a grant broker at Award checks? Then goes on to say how he has acquired a $9,960 cash aid for me to pay off bills of start a new business. Then it gives some sappy story at the bottom that every year large corporations give away financial assistance in form of grants. So this check they sent me is for $4,980.00. They tell me to cash the check, and send them 10% commission of 498.00 and they will send the next check out. Now I smell BS a mile away what do you guys think? The website they give me is not very helpful either here they are....

nothing is free :) and also, that website looks horribly fake (pictures especially!!) - they can probably check with their bank the account that the check was cashed into or something, dont trust them :)

screams money laundering to me too...........

edit: also, why have a fax machine but no phone number

Yea I googled them and found nothing at all. Its just weird seems like they could get in alot of trouble for this.

What happens is you 'cash' the check, then there is a processing time for the check by the bank and you send out the $498. After you send it out the bank calls you and says, "The check was fake. So yeah..." And then the company that sent you the letter has gotten away with $500 from you.

It says congratulations you have been selected to receive a $9,960 Cash Grant Award. He sayshis name is Al Snyder and he is a grant broker at Award checks? Then goes on to say how he has acquired a $9,960 cash aid for me to pay off bills of start a new business. Then it gives some sappy story at the bottom that every year large corporations give away financial assistance in form of grants. So this check they sent me is for $4,980.00. They tell me to cash the check, and send them 10% commission of 498.00 and they will send the next check out. Now I smell BS a mile away what do you guys think? The website they give me is not very helpful either here they are....
Tear it up now better still though take to the nearest cop shop although they usually can't do anything, what ever you do do not communicate wth them!! they are well organised international scammers for sure!

NOOOOOOOOOOO it's fake! Absolutely fake! they had this EXACT situation on Dateline NBC one night, around 3 years ago. One of those shows. I'm not lying to you, it's a scam.

You could cash the check but if its fraudulent the funds could be reversed a month or two later which is why they want you to send them 'commission'

Back
Top Bottom