I just finished reading about Cleopatra VII..

Starguard

Solid State Member
..and the Battle of Actium in 31 B.C. If both she and Marc Antony had won the war against Rome, how do you think the outcome would affect the world as we know it today?

Indeed. I'm getting sick of these people trying to get free answers.

But anyways,

I think if the outcome was different, people would be more apt to DO SH** THEMSELVES.

:D

No Homework here (especially seeing that everyones out for Christmas Break) :rolleyes:

I just couldn't help but think of just how much the world as we know it today would be changed. The Roman Empire laid the foundation for all of western civilization. All of our aldermen, senators democrats, republicans, almost everything we have was built on what they started.

If Cleopatra had won the war, the Roman Empire would have never materialized and the entire Roman republic would have been absorbed into her Ptolmic Kingdom.

If this were to have taken place, her kingdom (now an empire in its own right) would have had a direct impact on the course that the rest of europe had taken throughout history.

Here we are in the US (1600+ years later). If the US were to have been built upon the foundation of the Ptolmic empire instead of the Roman one, we here in the US would probably have a monarch now (King, Queen, Rolay Family, and maybe even a Pharoh).

Who's to know for sure! :eek:

I find her family heritage more interesting than the battle. How her line of relatives were just getting it on with each other. From a genetic point she was the product of family members having way too much fun and having her genes being messed up leading to mental conditions like many other famous leaders from a royal family tree.

There was a show on the History Channel called "Cleopatra: Portrait of a killer" that stated that many of her predacessors were not faithful to their inbred wives and had several children out of wedlock, mainly from their Nubian slaves or concubines.

They also stated that for the first time in over 2000 years, they've just found the tomb of one of her direct blood relatives (Arsinoe IV) that was executed under Marc Antonys orders at Cleopatra's request.

From studying her skeletal remains, they have been able to prove beyond shadoe of a doubt, that her sister Arsinoe IV was black. This has forced the world at large to take a closer look at Cleopatra from a whole new perspective. They now believe that if her sister was black, then Cleopatra may have been too!

See Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO78VHqAopI&feature=player_embedded

Studying skeletal remains, especially of an unknown race (if the race is ancient Egyptian) is somewhat unreliable. I think this last post is somewhat off-topic, as well.

There are SO many things about her that I would like to know, but sadly are lost to history.

Still I wonder, if she and Marc Antony had won the war, what would the world be like today!

Back
Top Bottom