I just can't believe GoDaddy

setishock

Wizard of Wires
For almost a year, 298 days to be exact according to my website's response to my return, I have been unable to access my forum. I was devastated. My forum was and still is my baby. Although it never really took off, it provided hours of programing fun and was a bit of therapy for my stress.
It did bother me from time to time that it didn't catch on but other times I just ran with it. I got so in to anime in general and my website so deep that I wrote a story based on Ghost in the Shell. With that ol seti twist to it.
Then one day I couldn't hit the forum. No one else could as far as I could determine. I blamed it on my host and was burning up the phone talking to the techs as the server farm where my host was set up. They tipped me off that it was in the network and they could do nothing about it. I left message after message with my host. no response which fueled my anger even more. I could hit the ftp and I nabbed all my files when I could get on.
Then tonight I was checking my emails and saw one from GoDaddy. A note of apology from the head guy himself. Seems they had a router issued that corrupted the data files and caused a major outage of some sort. That was on the 10 of last month. The email was dated the 15th of last month. (I don't check my emails too often) I thought what the hell I'll check my forum and see if it's up or still gone.
It's up and it's just like I left it. Mouse my mascot, who is also my RSS poster bot, has been carrying on like nothing ever happened. She nabs RSS feeds and posts teasers in on of the sections. It appears bots have been crawling the place also.
GD can't apologize to me enough. I don't host my site with them but do have my domain name with them. Odd that they fixed a problem last month and all of a sudden I have access to my site. I see some free time added to my domain name account coming out of this.
For those of you that know about animeappeal, it's still sitting at the same address.

Wow... I've literally never heard of anything like that.

Going forth, feel free to shoot me a PM or an email when you encounter hosting related issues. I've been involved in the hosting industry since about 2001 and I could have gotten in touch with someone to get it fixed faster for you.

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened but I'm glad that it's back up.

EDIT: Just to clarify so that I don't send the wrong signal here... normally I'd advise anyone else to contact their hosting provider for support. Though I've known you seti for years now (from these forums) and I've built up respect for you.. enough where I would've been just fine with getting in touch with some of my contacts I've accrued over the years. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer. If there's no more bumps in the road my hosting and domain run out next year and I'll be looking for other companies to handle it for me.
I'll keep you in mind when the time comes or if something else happens and I need a hand.

Thanks for the offer. If there's no more bumps in the road my hosting and domain run out next year and I'll be looking for other companies to handle it for me.
I'll keep you in mind when the time comes or if something else happens and I need a hand.

Sounds good to me. :)

Hopefully they keep you up and running though.

Back
Top Bottom