i havnt been here in a long time... Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with the Civics. I have had one for 2 years now and the thing has been a joy to drive.

The older ones aren't bad, but the newer ones just feel so disconnected from the driver. A family friend just bought a 2010 and the cabin ergonomics are just atrocious. The dash is about a mile deep, and the gas pedal hinges from the floor which is just awkward.

Now granted, Honda's are great cars as far as the engines and drive-train in terms of reliability and low cost maintenance, the new ones just aren't great to drive.

I have an 08 and i see nothing wrong with it. I feel just at home driving the 08 Civic as i did driving my 04 Trailblazer or my 94 Dodge Dakota. I actually feel more comfortable driving my 08 Civic than i did my 88 Camaro. I actually think the layout of my 08 is far better than some of the newer cars i have seen. Like my wifes 10 SX4 Crossover. My MPH is split from my Tacometer and in my line of sight for the road. So instead of having to look away from the road, it is within my peripheral vision how fast i am going. So i can keep my eyes where they should be. On the road. Maybe they made changes to the newest models, but after 17 years of driving this is by far the best design i have had.

The gas pedal takes all of about 5 minutes to get used to. It isnt that awkward when your driving. It may seem awkward when you see it but it feels just fine when your driving.

I have an 08 and i see nothing wrong with it. I feel just at home driving the 08 Civic as i did driving my 04 Trailblazer or my 94 Dodge Dakota. I actually feel more comfortable driving my 08 Civic than i did my 88 Camaro. I actually think the layout of my 08 is far better than some of the newer cars i have seen. Like my wifes 10 SX4 Crossover. My MPH is split from my Tacometer and in my line of sight for the road. So instead of having to look away from the road, it is within my peripheral vision how fast i am going. So i can keep my eyes where they should be. On the road. Maybe they made changes to the newest models, but after 17 years of driving this is by far the best design i have had.

The gas pedal takes all of about 5 minutes to get used to. It isnt that awkward when your driving. It may seem awkward when you see it but it feels just fine when your driving.

/shrugs, to each his own I guess. After my Saab most everything else just feels mushy and disconnected.

Yeah that is how it is for everyone. They see something and think 1 thing. I hated the look myself when we first got the car. But after 2 years of actually driving it, that is a far different experience than seeing it. I didnt like the split gauges previously. But now i find them to be rather smart. They keep my eyes on the road and at most i have to just take a glance down to see the info i want. Gas and MPH are right there in my line of sight. But i know how it does look when you first see it. It doesnt take long to get used to. It just looks odd compared to other cars.

hmm, just how good are hondas ?
A personal friend of the family at tires plus said my mothers 2002 camaro is going to need to be rebuilt scratch.
He said the price tag for rebuilding all the old parts will be about $7500.
He told me and my mother to look into any new or pre-owned honda and told me those cars won't break down so easily every 6 to 12 months.

Any Honda should certainly be more reliable than that. Toyota's are also very good, we have had several go for a decade or more without a single mechanical issue.

Any Honda should certainly be more reliable than that. Toyota's are also very good, we have had several go for a decade or more without a single mechanical issue.

While they may be fairly reliable, I had to drive a Camry up a twisting highway for a friend of mine and it was by far the worst driving experience I ever had. I don't know why but there's just something about the accelerator pedals where the slightest pressure equates to WOT and power delivery is not linear with pedal pressure.

After the drive I was just glad to be home so I could get out of the darn thing.

get a stickshift. they're cheaper, more efficient, and more fun to drive. I don't think I'll ever buy an automatic.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who randomly decided to check up on tech forums again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom