I have the most icompetent postie -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then you'll just have to work twice as hard to compensate! :p

How so? Do you recommend I endeavour to use many elaborate and lengthy utterances to get across a meaning which would otherwise have been made manifest in a more epigrammatic form?

How so? Do you recommend I endeavour to use many elaborate and lengthy utterances to get across a meaning which would otherwise have been made manifest in a more epigrammatic form?

nah, just make twice as many posts as you are humanly capable of.

maybe then people will feel compelled to spell properly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a friend who used to type "scetch" a lot - and I'd always type "sketch".

She eventually changed because she "felt like she should spell it different"

nah, just make twice as many posts as you are humanly capable of.

maybe then people will feel compelled to spell properly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a friend who used to type "scetch" a lot - and I'd always type "sketch".

She eventually changed because she "felt like she should spell it different"

As much as substandard stratification exasperates me at times, I envisage that humankind can become imprudent over paltry miscalcualtions.

Ever heard of a typo? ;)

Hey, I'm roughly the same age, and I spell perfectly well :)

And I on Morrison's advertising :p

You're from Oxfordshire!

And, well, i'm from Leicestershire. The UK's most underfunded county for schools. And i go to a school that was on the news in the 70's for being the school that let kids smoke in lessons, not wear uniform, and had no rules.

Besides, i am good at English. I just get lazy.

There their and they're - what's the difference eh :p

legible only on account of synthetic text.

keep in mind everytime one of us reads something like "teared" it grates on our sanity and distracts us from the point you were trying to make.

Often times I'll have to reread sentences which transpose "there" and "their" because my brain expects a specific meaning attached to each word - rather than the ambiguous meaning which lesser minds seem used to.

It was 2am...I'm allowed to spell incorrectly. And i really do not see my spelling or grammar as bad at all. It's perfectly adequate for the situation in hand, i.e. one nothing to do with the english language. By god this is a technology forum, not a forum teaching people how to pass a phD in Modern English literature :rolleyes: (is their such a thing ?) And no, i have no idea if i used the correct there/their.

Surely they have different spelling and meaning. If the pronounciation was different I don't think people would have this problem.

True. I think i'll pay myself, and tech forums, with the effort to go learn now. I'll then construct a sentence with all 3 in hopefully in the correct way :cool:

edit:

Okay here it goes.. The tech forums super mod battlegroup is over there ! I'm so annoyed they stole that banhammer, it's not even theirs. They're just ruthless SMods :mad:

:p

Lolwut, mission accomplished ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom