I have always susspected as much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
time_machine.png

Seriously, I have always suspected this is why time travel will be imposable, seriously any one in university keep an eye on your maths and physics professors.

time_machine.png

Seriously, I have always suspected this is why time travel will be imposable, seriously any one in university keep an eye on your maths and physics professors.

I don't think mathematicians have the knowledge to design such things (if it were possible). Physics professors are an odd bunch though, never quite normal - definitely suspicious. Problem is they're so ridiculously intelligent they could get away with murder.

Gotta love XKCD...lol.

Call me slow, but I don't get it o_0
Its simple...the original Rob is coming up with an idea for a time machine, and he sends himself in the passed to try and stop it from happening...but in turn, he becomes the only Rob, and ends up continuing making the time machine...hence why it says "this happens roughly once a month."

Mathematicians do have the capability to think of such things Oreo. If you really think about Time and Space, it is nothing but Math. It is nothing more than crunching numbers. A math professor would be more than able to do such things.

Actually Discovery Channel had a 4 hour mini-series with Stephen Hawking not long ago. He talked about time-travel and gave reasons why it wouldnt be possible. Such as the paradox effect. That is just 1 of about 5 reasons he gave in his explination. It was a great watch. If it wasnt like $60 for those 4 hours i would get it.

Mathematicians do have the capability to think of such things Oreo. If you really think about Time and Space, it is nothing but Math. It is nothing more than crunching numbers. A math professor would be more than able to do such things.

Actually Discovery Channel had a 4 hour mini-series with Stephen Hawking not long ago. He talked about time-travel and gave reasons why it wouldnt be possible. Such as the paradox effect. That is just 1 of about 5 reasons he gave in his explination. It was a great watch. If it wasnt like $60 for those 4 hours i would get it.

Yeh, i know Physics is basicly maths. But the Physics teachers at my school will out class any of our Maths teachers (With university/college degrees) at mathematics, if i'm struggling with a maths problem, i'll always ask my Physics teacher first.

The maths in a Physics degree is harder than the Maths in a Mathematics degree.

And yeh i heard about that Program, forgot to watch it :(

It is only impossible because we don't entirely understand time/space/dimensions, and most likely never will understand it entirely, nearly everything we "know" is based upon theorys, which are only ideas of how it works.

I remember watching Science Channel, they had a special on Dark Matter, and found that most of space is composed of it, can't be seen/smelled/collected, but, it is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom