I have a virus please help

fmavila05

Beta member
Well I'm pretty sure it's a virus. My desktop and my bottom start menu/toolbar started to tweak out and was refreshing/reloading itself every 30 seconds or so. I was able to manage to do a SpySweeper scan and quarantined about 20 items (a couple trojans were in there) but during that my desktop icons and start menu completely disappeared. I rebooted and still nothing. I downloaded some free virus scanner and nothing came up on the scan. Basically the only windows that can open are my internet browser and the virus scanners I'm trying to run because they boot automatically when I restart. Can anyone help?

Sounds like you have a bad case of spyware. Do you currently have antivirus protection? If so, which brand? I would recommend booting into safe mode (tapping F8 while rebooting) with networking, download and install the home edition of avast (free www.avast.com)- update, and run. You will also want to do a "boot time scan". For the spyware/adware, download SpyBot from www.safer-networking.org, and AdAware SE from http://lavasoft.com/. Update and run these- this should get most of your computer back to normal. Post back after running these programs and give a status, as there may be some other things we will have to try.

Back
Top Bottom