I have a question about Dell and Sony laptops?

Young_Ash

Beta member
OK, I will be traveling overseas in about 3 weeks and I need a great laptop. One that is very realible because I would like to keep this laptop for about 3 yrs.

Now, I went to the Dell website and even called them and saw this laptop which seemed pretty decent to me and its features were Intel Pentinum Mobile Processor 1.80 Ghz, 80GB Harddrive, 512 RAM, 8x CD/DVD Burner, memory stick, trurbite screen, weights 5 LBS and costs $1,400 Canadian.

And I saw this Sony VAIO which was a 1.6 Centrino trubrite laptop, 512 RAM, 80GB Harddrive, memroy stick, 8x CD/DVD Burner for $1,700 Canadian.

So can someone help me out that has experience? Who here has had a Sony Vaio before or who here has had a Dell Laptop before? Which one is better and more reliable?

THEY .... NO! DO NOT GET AN INTEL BASED LAPTOP. AMD's new Turion technology make Centrino look like the stone age. Prepare for a CHEAP LAPTOP that SCREAMS!

Say hello to the death of Intel in the mobile Market. Did I mention this notebook get 5-7hours of battery life and is twice as fast as Intel Centrino's Pentium M chip and is also 64bit... I guess I did now..

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...otebooks/hp_pavilion&storeName=computer_store

BYE BYE you at Intel. AMD opened a can of mobile whoop ass on you. :D

DarkBlade said:
THEY .... NO! DO NOT GET AN INTEL BASED LAPTOP. AMD's new Turion technology make Centrino look like the stone age. Prepare for a CHEAP LAPTOP that SCREAMS!

Say hello to the death of Intel in the mobile Market. Did I mention this notebook get 5-7hours of battery life and is twice as fast as Intel Centrino's Pentium M chip and is also 64bit... I guess I did now..

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...otebooks/hp_pavilion&storeName=computer_store

BYE BYE you at Intel. AMD opened a can of mobile whoop ass on you. :D

I didn't even understand what you said? Which one should I not get? the Sony VAIO or the Dell?

ok do not buy anything from dell first of all... dell sucks and when it comes to computers (obviously) they really have no idea of what they are doing.

Sony laptops are more expensive generally, but they work, from what I hear, the vaio is great, and I tend to believe that being a huge fan of sony myself, I will buy anything made by sony. I actually have a laptop by hp, but I haven't had it long enough to really give an opinion on how long they last.

when it comes to the processor, and this new AMD processor that DB says is gonna beat intel, well, wouldn't surprise me. AMD definitly beats intel by a long shot

So I guess most of y'all are suggesting to go for the SONY then? Is a 1.6 Centrino Processor good enough? Thanks!

well I have a 1.30 with 512 RAM, works pretty good for me... people will tell you that AMD is better, basically it is, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. It really comes down to what you are planning to do with your system- if you're just doing email, browsing the web, and simple stuff like that It will be fine. However if you plan to do any heavy gaming, or running large programs such as Photoshop, you may want to consider a faster processor.

never heard of them before... they do look nice though...
but how can a laptop have a "built in sub-woofer"?
this sounds strange...

Back
Top Bottom