I have a problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to recommend this card instead as it was $110 after MIR early this morning
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N800-TR GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
But they changed it!! grr...

That looks pretty good... is there no diffrence in folding between 256 mb and 512 mb? I guess not since the folding uses the core not the memory right?

Yeah, there is no difference. This is just a general layout, i bought two 8800gt's used for $90 and $85 and would most likely do the same again.

What cpu are you going to use?

Forgot that, just edited my post but the same as my current folding rig, the E1200.

You're pushing it a bit posting in O/T :p
You on a buget for this?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

How does that board overclock? The low price of gpu's is making me want sli.

I thought only nvidia boards could run sli but I'd love to stick with an intel chipset so if it supports sli that board is especially appealing.

Can't be doing with folding, my E6850 and 8800 320 already have a hard enough job keeping my PC going as it is, without the added addition of Biological Physics...maybe when i'm rich i'll invest an entire room running a linux based system that dedicates all power to F@H.

Can't be doing with folding, my E6850 and 8800 320 already have a hard enough job keeping my PC going as it is, without the added addition of Biological Physics...maybe when i'm rich i'll invest an entire room running a linux based system that dedicates all power to F@H.

I'm only running an OC'd e6750...but I guess I have a 8800GT, rather than my old GTS 320 running lol.

How does that board overclock? The low price of gpu's is making me want sli.

I thought only nvidia boards could run sli but I'd love to stick with an intel chipset so if it supports sli that board is especially appealing.

Well, its an x-fire board of course, but it supposedly supports sli, since it comes with a bridge. Not sure about oc'ing, since i dont need to run anything over stock for the folding.

And the cards cant be in sli for folding either, so yeah.

Lol Rican... You need to go to Folder's Anonymous I think =P.

Yes...i do lol

The gpu client will run really well on that 320, and it can be paused while you game. We need as many guys folding as possible!!

I'm only running an OC'd e6750...but I guess I have a 8800GT, rather than my old GTS 320 running lol.

Yeah those G80's can get pretty hot, but so can G92's. Thats why im having second thoughts....three GPU's on load 24/7 in a 10x10 room can heat things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom