I have a problem please help

Drakon86

Beta member
I have a computer I built myself and the other week I went to go use it in the morning and my monitor says No Input Signal. So of course I started by checking all the cords and everything was fine. So I opened my case and and saw the fan on the video card wasn't spinning. If it matter I have an AGP 8x slot. So I took out my video card and put in another card that was PCI and I had the same problem. So I did it again with another PCI card and I had the same problem. Does the fact that the other cards didnt have drivers that would cause my problem to continue. So I am wondering is it my video card or MB?
Thanks

Does the pc beep at all when you start it up? Do all the fans and led's work on your pc? Does the pc sound like it's booting up at all?

Have you tried a different monitor?

my friends HS started going out on his 9800... one day his comp just shut off and he couldnt get video again... i went over to look at it and though for sure that it was his motherboard... we tried different vid cards and everything and all i could think was that the agp slot fried cuz his card got to hot... we took it to this guy who lives on my street first thing he does is take out the ram and put it back in... comp starts right up fine... you could try that... is it making any beeping noises at all when you start it (assuming ur PC speaker is hooked up)

also could be a power supply issue... if ur mobo isnt getting power ur agp slot wont get power therefor ur fan wouldnt spin... are the fans that are connected to ur Mobo spinning (not the ones that are put directly to the PSU...) some motherboards also have a light on them to indicate weather power is getting to them...

could be monitor too

edit: sorry for the repeats that post wasnt up when i started this one

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I haven't been home much. Bob, Thanks for the idea but it didnt work. I know for a fact it is not my monitor, my computer does not beep on start up and yes it sounds like it is booting up. All my fans except the one on the video cardwork. All LEDs are also working.
Thanks

Unplug everything, then firmly replug everything back in (including the CPU) You've tried a different card, I am leaning towards bad mobo, but to ensure, basically rebuild the PC, no need to redo drivers and stuff though. last time I saw this it was in fact the CPU. Make sure to push down a lil on the CPU maybe a pin is bent as well.

Or try this, UN PLUG EVERYTHING you need the following
MOBO, RAM, some type of display wheater onboard video of GPU, and CPU, boot up PC if it fails then you know its those. It could be a bad part causing interference as well.

We had a PC today at the shop, we fixed the PC by pulling out the modem card. Similiar problem btu slightly different.

Back
Top Bottom