I hate Gigabyte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
So I had to RMA my old DS3R and I just recived the repaired send-back yesterday, put it back together and I'm still having my no-post problem...I'm getting real close to getting a new mobo....any other mobo suggestions (not Gigabyte)

I've heard a lot of good things about the Abit motherboards. Specifically the IP35-E.

haha ok just talked to gigabyte techie, he says it may be my PSU causing the problems cus nothing was found wrong when i RMA'd my mobo (apparently) it that even possible?

Very possible. Hey at least you were able to RMA the board. From what i have read, asus pretty much just flips you off if you try to call their tech support.

GB sucks with customer support i sent a S3 in to be replaced because it just stopped working and they sent it back with a list of instructions saying something like "take the mobo out, lay it on a peice of cardboard, etc..."
waiting 3 weeks for that
im sending it back soon and they better replace it because thats the whole point of having a warranty is it not?

yea they really suck i tried getting an rma on a ga-945p-dq6 and i sent them about ten messages etc and they completely ignored me (waited two weeks no response). the motherboards are great when they work though

Hmm good to know. Hopefully i wont have any issues with my ds3, but its going into my home theatre pc so it wont get much abuse. The gaming rig has an evga board now, and i cant imagine having any issues with their customer support.

Pretty much any RMA service is terrible, with the only exception that I know of being Newegg.

Riz, what steps did you take to isolate the trouble to be with the motherboard itself, and not another component? I saw your post at the beginning of October, but doesn't really say what you did other than restarting repeatedly and taking out the CMOS battery.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom