I got hacked twice by same guy.

elmonomalo said:
Your password does not necesarily need to be 25 characters long... if you through in a $,@,! or two it should suffice. As for the hacking(*cracking*) thing.. I would recommend a different host as ComputerGen stated. This "hacker" may be just simply going through open ports and tunneling through SSH to get your password.

The password thing I said earlier WILL work... even L0phtCrack 3 which requires a licence and is more efficient then cain will not be able to crack a password with symbols in it(@!#$%^&).

It depends overall on the technique of the password cracker, or if he is just intercepting the packets of data, if this is the case then just try encrypting it, if it is the password cracker, a variety of techniques would be useful ... getting a secure host would probably be my suggestion, but making your password more difficult by adding non-english characters (Alt + a few numbers) and adding symbols, just making it longer will just be delaying it, using that method of disabling an account being accessed after a certain number of incorrect passwords also helps

I doubt he is cracking your password, He is most likely exploiting your scripts or server daemons.

Good luck with patching it :)

Back
Top Bottom