i got a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman442

Solid State Member
alright i have put together my computer and when i turn it on the pwer supply and the fans start and all that comes up on my monitor is just like a grid its got 4 squares? and it changes from whitish gray to black if anyone know what part is the problem let me know alright thanks bye

Do you hear any beeps or anything? It is a beep code and it is critical to figuring out what the problem is.

No beeps at all? There should be at least one to say the CPU posted.
The stuff on your monitor sounds like the monitor test pattern (displayed when there is no signal).

I would unplug the peripherals (and graphics card, if you don't count that as peripheral) put them back in again, unplug power from the board and put it back in again, double check the PC speaker is plugged in then restart, and hope it was a dodgy connection and not something worse.

ok i had the same problem and it was that i didnt have the case button I.E power and restart and lights hooked to my mobo right that was my prblem

Good point timmer, I hadn't thought of that, but that could do it, too.
Especially if HDD light and reset button were the wrong way round :)

hey im still having problem, its better but, before i did what you suggested the light wasnt coming on up front but now it is i just cant get the cd rom drive to open and nothing is coming up on the screen, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom