i got a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigr5026

Banned
While, i have been applying at every place i can. I went for a few interviews about a month ago. Today i get a call from this guy that owns a few auto shops and 5 video rental stores. He said that he saw i applied thare and that he saw my card. I had my professional website on my card that had my full tech resume for little one time jobs i do, such as round house upgrades, monitor swaps, reformats, virus and adware removal ect. He called and said that i knew that i applied for a simple cashiers job, but if i was interested for a tech job. I said i possibly was, we talked this morning. He asked me about a few things, and he asked if i could possibly meet him at one of his stores around a mile away from me. I said shure, ill be thare right away. I flew over thare, talked to him. Either way, we talked about some things as what i can do, my qualifications, me going for my certs (im going now), what i think needs to be upgraded, web design. Guy needed somone. We discussed pay, i told him that i can work up to 32 hours a week as of now, and i will be able to work more at a later time. Either way, i get a call a few hours ago saying that he wants me to start tuesday, and to come in that morning.

I am a happy person right now.

My pay will be almost 25k and will rise as i stay thare (we talked about this), and have a expense account to do round house upgrading.

Apparently the guy spent almost 4400 a month on techs coming out ot his places and doing computer repairs. Mind you, were talking p2s here, and maybe 25 computers max and 2 servers.

so basically you're the in-house tech? If so, thats pretty sweet. Especially that you get an expense account to use.

Gratz!

talldude123 said:
Really? Because I see those cops out here filling up all the time.
its called easy on the throttle (cops drive agressively) and turniong overdrive off saves gas in the city.

well yea, but at least you don't have to go through a lot of trouble to write proposals and get things approved many different times if you need something.

bigr5026 said:
gas on the v8 boat is not bad at all

i get 20 in the city

up to 35 on the highway

Really!? New ones get 17mpg in the city and 25 on the highway. And they have a more efficient 4.6L:confused:

It's easy to exceed the mileage that the manufacturer says you'll get by doing just what he said... easy on the pedal and don't use OD in the city. I exceed the mileage stated in my car all the time, but mine is a stick. :D

Keeping a car in good shape, tuned up, and keeping the oil changed does wonders. Upping the octane does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom